In 2013 and 2014, YNPN Atlanta and the Georgia Center for Nonprofts (GCN) collaborated on the Nonprofit Leaders "30 Under 30" Awards Program, and we have re-launched the program in 2016!
“At GCN, we know that the future of our sector depends on the efforts of extraordinary young leaders,” said Karen Beavor, president and CEO of the Georgia Center for Nonprofits. “That’s why we’re dedicated to supporting their growth, building their networks, and celebrating their contributions – all of which come together in initiatives like ‘30 Under 30.’”
“With limited budgets, many nonprofits struggle to provide young staff with opportunities for recognition and professional development,” said Lauren Jeong, board chair of YNPN Atlanta. ”The ‘30 Under 30’ Awards spotlight rising nonprofit professionals and the contributions they have made to their organizations and communities, while providing this outstanding group with exclusive professional development experiences.”
Congratulations to the 2016 "30 Under 30" award recipients!
Nominations were accepted from across Georgia to recognize 30 nonprofit professionals under the age of 30 who are making a powerful impact in their organizations by exhibiting outstanding leadership, innovation, and commitment in their community work. YNPN Atlanta believes each of these professionals is making strides to improve not only their communities but the nonprofit sector as a whole.
- Nominations can be submitted through self-nominations or a nominator
- Nominee must be under 30 years of age (as of November 1, 2016)
- Nominee must have worked in the nonprofit sector for at least 2 years
- Previous recipients of the Nonprofit Leader 30 Under 30 award may not apply again
Nominations Deadline: September 30th
Awardee Announcement: November 1st
Check out our previous Award Recipients!
2014 "30 Under 30" Award Recipients:
- Tayo Adeyefa, Development Coordinator, National Kidney Foundation
- Jewel Anderson, Career and Alumni Services Specialist, YearUp
- Lindsay Ayers, Youth Market Director, American Heart Association
- Kristyn Back, Development Associate, Park Pride
- Marianne S. Burke, Counselor, The Community School
- Rachel Van Buskirk, Company Dancer, Atlanta Ballet
- Julianna Cagle, Development Officer, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
- Shirley Anne Cruz, Manager of Volunteer Support, Recognition & Resolutions, Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta
- Jacqueline Edwards, Director of Partnerships, Medic Mobile
- Russell Gottschalk, Director and Founder, Atlanta Jewish Music Festival
- Hannah Grady, Associate Campaign Manager, Coxe Curry & Associates
- Christina Graff, Director of Programs, kidz2leaders, inc.
- Andrew Heacox, Assistant Director, Boys & Girls Club of America
- Adena Hill, Advocacy Coordinator, Atlanta Community Food Bank
- Danielle Hunt, Director of Finance & Operations, Scottdale Child Development & Family Resource Center
- Amy Kane, Director, Core Programs, Rheumatology Research Foundation
- Becky Katz, Park Visioning Coordinator, Park Pride
- Elyse Klova, Training Specialist, Foundation Center
- Jessie Matheson, Education Director, The Wren’s Nest
- Jake Maguire, Director of Communications, Community Solutions/100,000 Homes Campaign
- Johanna McCrehan, Urban Designer, Georgia Conservancy
- Kathy Ortstadt, Executive Director, Ian’s Friends Foundation
- Rebecca Pogue, Program Coordinator, Arts for Learning, Woodruff Arts Center
- Amelia Quinn, Founder and President, BeLoved Atlanta
- Leigh Tenewitz, Director of Communications and Government Affairs, March of Dimes
- Lara Wagner, President, Skylight Consulting
- Eldredge E. Washington, Executive Director, M.A.D.E.
- Kai Williamson, Executive Director, Youth Enhancement Services
- Sigele Winbush, Public Relations Manager, Atlanta Ballet
- Allison Young, Social Media/Website Manager, Atlanta Community Food Bank
2013 "30 Under 30" Award Recipients:
- Senam Apaloo, Manager, Organizational Development and Evaluation, BlazeSports America
- Tiffany Banks, Director of Affiliate Relations/Interim Co-COO, National CARES Mentoring Movement
- Eva Bradley, Operations Manager, VOX Teen Communications
- Christine Brasile, Agency Services Coordinator, Atlanta Community Food Bank
- Christine Brodnan, Education Partnership Manager, The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta
- Katie Cash Hayes, Executive Director, Community Farmers Markets
- Susannah Darrow, Executive Director, Burnaway.org
- Jordan Flowers, Donor Relations Manager, Project Open Hand
- Chelsea Folds, Assistant Clinic Administrator, Good Shepherd Clinic, Inc.
- Molly Friesenborg, Development Coordinator, Girls Incorporated of Greater Atlanta
- Amelia Godfrey, Weatherization Associate, Southface Energy Institute
- Simone Griffin, Communications Manager, Smart Grid Consumer Collaborative
- Jeff Hamilton, Development and Communications Coordinator, Bobby Dodd Institute
- Lindsey Hardegree, Special Events & Board Manager, Alliance Theatre
- Laura Hennighausen, Program and Development Manager, Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta
- Rebekah Henry Murphy, Special Events Director, Heritage Sandy Springs
- Heather Karellas, Development Manager, Center for Puppetry Arts
- Lauren (Kline) Jeong, Program Associate, The Foundation Center
- Sally Larsgaard, Communications Officer, CHRIS Kids
- Jocelyn Lewis, Director of Development, Girls Incorporated of Greater Atlanta
- Paige Miller, Resource Coordinator, Hope House Inc.
- Nadia Payne, Childcare Director, Atlanta Children's Shelter
- Andrea Pendleton, Campaign Manager, YMCA of Metro Atlanta
- Rebecca Richard, Program Coordinator, Midtown Assistance Center, Inc.
- Stacy Sartoris, Development Coordinator, The Frazer Center
- Greg Schwartz, Operations Manager, Smart Grid Consumer Collaborative
- Daniel Wenger, Grants Manager, CredAbility
- Laretia Williams, AmeriCorps, Internship, and Training Director, Refugee Family Services
- Molly Williams Heacock, Community Relations Director, 24/7 Gateway
- Jenah Zweig, Policy Director, Southeast Energy Efficiency Alliance (SEEA)