YNPN Atlanta's Opportunity Grant program is unique among YNPN chapters nationwide. We award individual grants of up to $500 to current YNPN Atlanta Members for professional development opportunities such as conference attendance, class and workshop fees, membership to professional associations, and more! The next cycle of funding has a deadline of April 30, 2017!
Although YNPN Atlanta proudly offers many affordable programs and events to our members, we recognize there are many other opportunities for young professionals to further their careers within Atlanta’s nonprofit sector. Most nonprofit organizations have limited professional development budgets, and emerging leaders may not have access to funds for training, conferences, and other opportunities that are vital to career advancement.
Current Funding Cycle:
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2017
- Notification to Applicants: early June, 2017
- Final Report Due: 30 days after your funded opportunity is completed
- Applications are only considered from current members of YNPN Atlanta. (Not yet a member? Join for only $35.)
- Only one funding request is permitted per person, per cycle.
- A complete application including all required documents must be received by 11:59pm EST on the day of the deadline for consideration.
Application & Budget Form
- Includes a current resume (uploaded with application)
- Includes a detailed, line-item budget (uploaded with application), that accounts for the amount requested from YNPN Atlanta, any external funding (employer, etc.), and any remainder.
- Includes a headshot image, for publicity use if you are funded (uploaded with application). Headshots are NOT viewed by the grant selection committee.
- Includes a short bio of 100-200 words, for publicity use if you are funded
- Two Reference Forms (one from your direct superior or supervisor, if applicable)
YNPN Atlanta does NOT consider funding requests for:
- YNPN Atlanta memberships
- Food & Beverage expenses
- Charitable contributions/Board dues
- Supplies (headshots, computers, business cards, etc.)
Other Important Details:
All grant recipients will be required to submit a final report on how the grant was used within 30 days of the end of the funding period. Reports will include a brief narrative, as well as proof of how funds were used (receipts, order confirmations, etc.). The maximum individual award considered for this cycle is $500. If your total project budget exceeds $5,000, please email the Finance & Fundraising committee at email@example.com prior to completing your application.
If you receive funding:
The Opportunity Grant recipients will be announced the YNPN Atlanta website, e-newsletter, and other social media channels and may also be covered in local media sources. You will be required to sign a waiver of permission upon approval of application. You will also be asked to complete the final report form after your funded opportunity is complete.
Please note: The YNPN Atlanta Board of Directors and the Opportunity Grant Selection Committee members are ineligible for grant funding.