The number one thing that YNPN Atlanta members told us they want out of their membership is to find a mentor who can help them with career development, networking, and general advice about being a part of the Atlanta nonprofit industry. YNPN Atlanta Mentorships are a great way to connect with someone with a bit more experience who can help guide you along your professional development path.
We are no longer accepting applications for our Class of 2013, but please stay tuned for info about 2014!
Meet the YNPN Atlanta Mentorship Program Class of 2013!
Annissa D. Floyd
Lindsey E. Hardegree
Here’s what the 2013 program entails:
- October 15, 5:30PM-7:30PM: Mentorship Program Kickoff Event at the Woodruff Arts Center with keynote speaker Patricia M. Falotico, Vice President of Global Sales Center Transformation with IBM. In addition to the remarkable work she has done with IBM over the last 27 years Pat has also been heavily involved with the Board of Directors for Communities in Schools (CIS) of Georgia, Leadership Atlanta, the Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce, and the United Way of Greater Atlanta. Learn a bit more about Pat.
- We very much would like for the mentor/mentee relationship to be flexible and organic, so you and your mentor will work out your own schedule – we ask mentors to be available for a minimum of 1 meeting per month as well as being available via email should questions arise between meetings.
- Regular emails from YNPN Atlanta about how to get the most out of your mentorship.
- Opportunities to get to know your fellow mentees and learn a bit about networking on January 15 and April 9.
- Mentor Appreciation Event (date TBD, May 2013).
We have a great slate of mentors for the 2013 Mentorship Program, including:
- Bill Balzer, nonprofit board member
- Steve Campbell, Director – Operational Partnerships of Habitat for Humanity International
- W. Imara Canady, United Negro College Fund
- Angie Clawson, Public Relations Manager for the Atlanta Food Bank
- Kacey Danley, Corporate Responsibility Specialist at Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- Mickey Desai, CEO of The Nonprofit Snapshot
- Carter Elliott, Prosperity Campaign Manager for the Atlanta Food Bank
- Stephanie Galer, Executive Director of Atlanta Event Group
- Kristin Hathaway Hansen, Director of Development for the Alliance Theatre
- Natalie Holloway, Independent Nonprofit Organization Management Professional
- Jocelyn Lewis, Development Director at Girls Incorporated of Greater Atlanta
- Paul Pendergrass, Independent Communications Consultant for Typing Inc.
- Linda Pitts, Vice President of Finance and Operations at the Atlanta Women’s Foundation
- Dantes Rameau, Director and Founder of The Atlanta Music Project
- Heather Rocker, Chief Executive Officer of Girls Incorporated of Greater Atlanta
- Lain Shakespeare, nonprofit e-communications at MailChimp
Please note that all Mentorship Program participants must be Professional Members of YNPN Atlanta. Join for the low cost of $35!
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For our 2013 Mentorship Program participants:
Mentorship Program Guidelines (pdf)